The IRS implemented new stipulations for paid Tax Preparers that allow a new designation. The new designation is Registered Tax Return Preparer (RTRP). In order to receive this designation the tax preparer must meet these requirements:
- Obtaining and maintaining a PTIN number
- Passing a competency test ****
- Passing a background check
- Yearly continuing education courses
- Receiving a certificate of completion
** Currently the IRS is not able to require this designation for all paid tax preparers. At Maxwell Tax Service, our tax preparers have completed these requirements, so you can be sure you will receive quality tax preparations.
IRS Annual Filing Season Program
- The new IRS AFSP is here! Starting in 2015 the IRS introduced the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP.) This is a voluntary program designed to encourage tax preparers to participate in continuing education (CE) courses in order to be listed on the IRS AFSP Directory. Participants hold certain representation rights for their clients that non participants do not possess. All of our tax preparers have met the requirements yearly to participate in the AFSP program!
"The IRS does not endorse any particular Tax Return Preparers. For more information on Tax Return Preparers visit IRS.gov."